DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed; the listed examples do not include all duties and responsibilities that may be found in positions within
1. Directs curriculum development and improvement in the elementary and K-8 schools of the district and the articulation of the curriculum with that of the secondary schools.
2. Coaches, leads and evaluates elementary and K-8 principals, directors for schools and programs and program manager for Early Childhood Education
3. Builds and fosters collaborative partnerships with employee organizations, departments and stakeholders in support of continuous improvement within the elementary and K-8 division.
4. Identifies needs for the in-service training of elementary and K-8 teachers and administrators for the purposes of program implementation, evaluation and improvement.
5. Interprets district and state assessment results to guide elementary and K-8 school principals and co-administrators for the purpose of program implementation, evaluation and continuous improvement.
6. Monitors the process of selection of instructional materials and equipment for all elementary and K-8 programs.
7. Monitors legislation and communicates implications of that legislation to the Deputy Superintendent, Schools and Student Support.
8. Reviews intra-district elementary and K-8 student transfer appeals, student retention recommendations, and other related appeals.
9. Assists with budget preparation for elementary and K-8 schools and assists with management of elementary and K-8 expenditures.
10. Serves as a member of Superintendent’s Cabinet and attends all meetings of the Board of Education.
11. Serves as chairperson of elementary and K-8 division and conduct regular meetings with assigned principals.
12. May serve as a staff liaison to board appointed committees.
13. Supports the process for K-8 textbook program including selection, adoption, ordering and distribution of all K-8 textbooks.
14. Assists in recruiting, screening and selection of elementary and K-8 school administrators.
15. Performs related work as required. Senior Director, Elementary Education
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: . Knowledge of applicable education code, administrative and board policy, federal and state laws, codes, regulations and requirements pertaining to areas of assigned responsibility
. Knowledge of principles and practices of modern management including personnel administration, administrative planning, organizational development, budgeting, collective bargaining, purchasing and information processing
. Knowledge of funding sources for elementary, middle, and K-8 programs and the variety of related regulations, controls and reporting procedures
. Knowledge of interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
. Knowledge of budget preparation and control
. Knowledge and skill in the use of computers and assorted software programs
. Ability to direct curriculum development, improvement and articulation in the elementary, middle, and K-8 schools
. Ability to select, train, lead and evaluate staff relative to program objectives
. Ability to interpret district and state assessment results
. Ability to ensure all programs and activities are operated within the limits and intent of the state and federal law
. Ability to work collaboratively with leaders of other administrative programs and labor management groups
. Ability to prepare and submit reports and other documents
. Ability to monitor and interpret applicable legislation
. Ability to attend regularly scheduled meetings of the Board of Education
. Ability to serve as staff liaison to board appointed committees
. Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instruction
. Ability to work independently, with minimal direction, and make decisions within the framework of established guidelines
. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with administrators, staff, and the community
. Ability to work effectively with all levels of district staff, parents, labor leaders, and the community
. Ability to analyze data and situations and adopt an effective course of action
. Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines ? Ability to maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance