The Lower School Spanish Teacher will instruct 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students in Spanish language and culture.
This is a 10-month, 85% time commitment, exempt position. The Lower School Spanish Teacher reports to the Lower School Principal.
• Bachelor’s degree in education or Spanish
• Must be literate and fluent in Spanish
• Extensive experience in teaching Spanish to elementary aged students
• Experience with a variety of teaching tools to help students read, write and speak Spanish
• Proven strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with adults and children
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Teaches conversational Spanish including vocabulary and grammar
• Embraces best practices in teaching an innovative, vibrant, and engaging Spanish curriculum
• Learns and practices the Responsive Classroom approach to classroom management
• Collaborates well with classroom teachers and Modern Language department teachers
• Encourages collaborative teamwork in the classroom
• Prepares learning objectives and outline for course of study following curriculum guidelines
• Organizes classroom to create a positive learning environment
• Assigns lessons, corrects papers, and hears oral presentations.
• Coordinates class field trips
• Maintains grade records for each student and prepares reports as required by school
• Communicates with Lower School Principal and Counselor appropriately to best support students
• Supervises outdoor & indoor play activities and carpool
• Attends staff meetings and professional days
Applicants are also invited to visit the CA website (www.coloradoacademy.org) to learn more about the school and its program.
Colorado Academy does not discriminate in any of its programs, procedures, or practices on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, military service, or other protected status.
Additional Salary Information: CA offers an excellent compensation package, wide-ranging opportunities for professional development, and an environment notable for its dedicated teaching professionals and supportive administrators.
About Colorado Academy
Colorado Academy is a coed, independent, Pre-K -12, country day school located on 95 acres in SW Denver. Founded in 1906, we offer a college prep, liberal arts and sciences curriculum for our 965 students. The school emphasizes 21st century skills. Visit www.coloradoacademy.org to learn more.
BACK TO TOP
NASSP Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else NASSP Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at NASSP Career Center.