Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to develop students' understanding, appreciation of the art of music, including listening to a wide range of musical genre, periods and styles; and to identify, promote and develop each student's talents in vocal and instrumental musical expression.
Additional Job Information:
Successful applicants for this position will:
* develops and administer music education curriculum consistent with school district goals and objectives;
* promote a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning;
* develop a balanced music program and lessons to organize class time so that students have adequate time for preparation, rehearsal, and instruction;
* conduct ongoing assessment of student musical learning and progress, and modify instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs;
* utilize repertoire of all types of music literature, as appropriate;
* plan, coordinate rehearsals for, and direct students in musical programs and performances outside the classroom;
* encourage parental involvement in students' education and ensure effective communication with students and parents; and
* ensure that student conduct conforms to the school's standards and school district policies, and establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to ensure a productive learning atmosphere during practice, rehearsal and performances.
Bachelor's Degree required with a minimum of a 2.50 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
A minimum of one (1) year of teaching experience preferred; and
Clear renewable certification from the Georgia Professional Standards Commission in Music (P-12) required.
About Clayton County Public Schools
Clayton County Public Schools is located just 12 miles south of Georgia's capital city Atlanta. Clayton County covers 143 square miles and is home to 259,424 residents. While it is one of Georgia's smallest geographical counties, it is one of the most densely populated. Clayton County has the relaxed and neighborly feel of a small town, but with all the amenities of a major metropolitan area. An attractive lifestyle, business opportunities, a fine public educational system plus a university, and numerous excellent healthcare facilities make Clayton County a highly attractive place to live, work and play.
Clayton County Public Schools is the fifth largest school district in Georgia providing educational services to its students in the following manner: 36 elementary schools, 14 middle schools, a 6-12 public charter academy, 10 high schools, 1 alternative school/technical center, and three special education program schools. There are currently 14 Magnet programs in the district in the areas of Visual and Performing Arts, Spanish Dual Language Immersion, Early College/Advanced Academics, STEM/STM, Film & Media Academy, Mathematics and Computer Science, and Political Leadership.
Clayton County Public Schools offers a full, aggressive benefits package. Please visit www.clayton.k12.ga.us to review the complete listing of benefits.
BACK TO TOP
NASSP Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else NASSP Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at NASSP Career Center.