Bullis School is seeking a dedicated, energetic individual to serve as a Middle School Administrative Assistant. This position provides a wide range of administrative support to the Middle School Principal and the two Middle School Assistant Principals, enabling each to be as productive and effective as possible with respect to their professional responsibilities. The MS Administrative Assistant also serves as first point of contact for students, parents and other visitors to South Hall, ensuring each is welcomed and assisted competently and efficiently.
Principal responsibilities include:
- Create a highly positive, welcoming, professional first impression for each caller or visitor to the Middle School. Direct callers and visitors to the appropriate person efficiently.
- Help the daily process and update attendance throughout the day.
- Support the MS Principal and Assistant Principals so that the division runs smoothly and effectively.
- Interpersonal skills with parents, students, faculty and staff
- Time management and priority setting
- Spoken and written communication, including spelling, punctuation and grammar, as well as composition and editing of correspondence and memos
- Organizational and filing (paper-based and electronic)
- Proficiency in Word. Ability to quickly gain high competency in e-mail system and PCR Campus, basic competency in Excel and basic competency in other software programs as needed
- Problem solving, team work, attention to detail, and an ability to multitask
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional growth and relevant skill development
- High school diploma required, with a Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience as an administrative assistant is a plus
- Experience in school settings a plus
Bullis School is located on a scenic 102-acre campus in Potomac, MD and is easily accessible by route 270 from DC and Northern Virginia. Bullis offers a robust benefits package to any employee working 20 or more hours per week that includes health and dental insurance, 401k plan, free daily lunch to all employees, a computer program for staff, and much more. Bullis School is committed to staff diversity, equality, and continued professional growth.
To apply, please visit the careers page on Bullis School's website at http://www.bullis.org/careers