Literacy Leader and Instructional Coach
(At least 50% time shall be devoted to program leadership and coaching to include, but not limited to, co-teaching, collaboration, instructional support, modeling, observing, providing feedback, and curriculum development/implementation.)
· Promote enhanced literacy instruction and student learning by coaching and working with teachers to develop more effective literacy teaching practices and by sharing information that addresses the way in which students learn literacy.
· Work with and support teachers in developing and implementing curriculum, differentiated instruction techniques, teaching strategies, assessments, and materials selection to help support students in their progress.
· Participate in data interpretation sessions analyzing student data and collaborating with teachers to develop plans and designs for appropriate instruction based on those interpretations.
· Support the professional growth of teachers by strengthening classroom teachers’ understanding of literacy content and pedagogy from a balanced and research-based perspective.
· Support teachers’ instructional practice utilizing strategies such as demonstration teaching/modeled lessons, co-teaching, classroom observation, and debriefing.
· Collaborate with grade-level teachers and teams of teachers to review and further develop curriculum maps, pacing guides, and instructional plans to enhance the success of their students.
· Work with the Lower School Principal to identify professional development opportunities for teachers.
· Assist with the planning and delivery of parent workshops and informational sessions about the Colorado Academy literacy curriculum.
· Serve as needed on various literacy related committees at an interdivisional level.
· Report to the Lower School Principal and work closely with that position to support high quality literacy instruction and curriculum development.
Direction Instruction of Students (No more than 50% time shall be devoted to this category)
· Provide direct instruction in collaboration with classroom teachers in the areas of reading and writing for identified groups and individual students, with an emphasis on emergent, beginning, and transitional readers in Kindergarten-Grade 2.
· Provide remediation in small groups to students performing below grade level expectations who are identified through data meetings with teachers and administration.
We offer an excellent compensation package, opportunities for professional development, and an environment of dedicated teaching professionals and supportive administrators.