A key leader in the Moeller Family, the Principal oversees the religious, academic, and operational dimensions of the school, including our house system. The Principal acts as a spokesperson for the school, and ensures that the school authentically reflects the teachings of the Catholic Church, the Marianist charism, the initiatives of the Archdiocese, and the needs of the people that it serves. The position is full time, year-round, and reports to the President. Most importantly, the Principal is a team player who is tireless in forwarding Moeller’s Mission: Catholic. Marianist. Forming our Students into Remarkable Men.
Provides leadership, oversight, and accountability for the religious, academic, extracurricular, and operational programs of the school.
- Works with the school’s President and Board in guiding the school’s quality, effectiveness, and policies.
- Monitors and upholds the quality of the school’s Catholic and Marianist identity to ensure that it authentically reflects the teachings of the Church.
- Works with the Religion Department and Pastoral Ministry to maintain a strong religious instruction program, frequent opportunities for religious worship and prayer, faith formation, and engaging community service programs for students.
- More particularly, promotes the school’s charism, as founded by the Society of Mary, fostering and promoting a deep devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary as the Patroness of the school, modeling her faith and humility.
- With the Dean of Academics [currently an open position], monitors the school’s academic program to ensure the highest possible quality of teaching and learning, and performs classroom observations and regular evaluations of instructional staff.
- Monitors the school’s Technology Plan to ensure that instruction utilizes the best possible information technology.
- Oversees the OCSAA accreditation process, including re-accreditation, monitoring of goals, and filing of necessary OCSAA reports.
- Nurtures, encourages, and monitors the ongoing professional development of all staff.
- With the Dean of Student Life, maintains an atmosphere of respect and good conduct throughout the body of students, parents, and volunteers.
- With the Dean of Student Life and Athletic Director, monitors all extra-curricular and co-curricular activities to ensure that they offer vibrant opportunities for students that are reflective of the school’s Catholic and Marianist identity and applicable laws and policies.
- With the Guidance Department, provides opportunities for all students to be successful beyond graduation.
- Communicates the values, needs, efforts, and accomplishments of the school with supporters and members of the surrounding community.
- Implements and monitors applicable areas of the school’s strategic plan.
- With the President and Board, monitors, promulgates, and revises the school’s policies.
- Provides frequent reporting and data on the quality and effectiveness of the school’s religious, academic, extracurricular, and operational programs. Provides information to prospective families and donors when requested by the President.
- Regularly conducts faculty meetings, administrative team meetings, and attends Board/other meetings as required.
- Attends regular Archdiocesan High School Principal meetings, Marianist Province meetings and other meetings required by the Archdiocese or the President.
- Provides regular and pro-active communication with the Board, President, Parents, Students, and Faculty and Staff.
- Hires faculty members with guidance from departmental chairs and other faculty & staff members.
- Other duties as assigned by the President.