The Academy of the Holy Names is an independent, Catholic, coeducational elementary school and a college preparatory high school for young women, sponsored by the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary. Our mission is to develop the spiritual, academic, personal and physical growth of each student within an atmosphere of care and concern, while providing quality educational opportunities for students of diverse ethnic, economic and religious backgrounds, and encouraging each student to realize his/her full potential as an intelligent and culturally, spiritually and socially aware individual.
Director of Auxiliary Programs
Employment Opportunity: The Academy of the Holy Names seeks a director of auxiliary programs who is dynamic and energetic to be responsible for all aspects of the summer camp day program as well as after care and High School work study programs. This is a full-time, 12-month position and reports to the Elementary School principal, beginning July 1, 2017.
Qualifications: A minimum of a bachelor’s degree; at least 3-5 years’ similar experience with solid knowledge of summer camp programs in a school setting or youth serving organization is preferred. Previous experience with Senior Systems a plus.
- Create an environment based on respect and that reflects the values and mission of the Sisters of the Holy Names
- Work collaboratively with campus constituencies to ensure that all programs are adjunct to the educational mission of the school
- Coordinate High School work study program in coordination with administration
- Ensure staff are well trained and perform at a high level
- Administer the recruitment, interviewing, hiring and evaluation of all program employees
- Assess and enhance current programs; develop new programs where needed
- Plan and coordinate budgets for both programs and monitor all revenues and expenses
- Organize and coordinate marketing of all programs, which includes but is not limited to the summer program catalogue and advertisement, after care program flyers and advertisements, as well as web page information
- Oversee registration and processing of all forms and confirmation letters for these programs
- Respond in a timely fashion to all inquiries regarding the programs
- Plan and coordinate the recruitment of program participants
- Oversee contracts for all programs including those with off-campus organizations
- Maintain database on both programs
- Prepare appropriate summary reports
- On-campus supervision of day-to-day aspects of all programs
- Help with planning of special activities, such as Catholic Schools Week activities, for both divisions
- Other duties as assigned by administration
Apply at: www.holynamestpa.org/employment
Please include a cover letter of interest, resume and a list of three professional references. No phone calls.
The Academy of the Holy Names does not discriminate on the basis of race, faith, nationality or ethnic origin in its hiring process nor in the administration of educational policies, admission policies or tuition-assistance programs, athletics or other school-administered programs. The school admits students of any race, faith, nationality or ethnic origin, and gives to all students rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to all members of the student body. In accordance with its mission, the school seeks a population composed of many different voices, viewpoints and backgrounds. The Academy of the Holy Names is a designated drug-free workplace.