Coordinator, International Support
Job ID: VC20171702-93776
The College Board, the national educational organization with global reach, is conducting a search for a part-time Coordinator who will provide support to our International division. The position is designed to be a 4-5 days per week @ 5-6 hours per day commitment and will focus on the following activities:
- Management of the College Board's Overseas Schools Project (OSP) grant with the US Department of State (50%)
- Supporting the implementation of initiatives intended to expand the reach of the College Board's programs and services among non-US universities (30%)
- Supporting day-to-day administrative needs of the departmental vice president, including special projects (20%).
This position reports to the Vice President of the International division and is located at our New York City headquarters.
- Management of College Board's OSP grant, a grant managed in partnership with the with the US Department of State's Office of Overseas Schools (A/OS).
- Act as key point of contact with OSP stakeholders, including higher education representatives, A/OS Regional Education Officers and A/OS school liaisons (school leadership, high school principals & counselors) in coordinating OSP grant trips.
- Ensure protocols & processes related to OSP project are documented, updated and shared with project stakeholders.
- Maintain and update all relevant databases and websites..
- Support administrative functions related to the OSP grant, including but not limited to processing relevant expense reports, managing contracts, payments to constituents and vendors, and data collection and entry into spreadsheets.
- Catalogue and distribute reporting related to project & grant.
- Support implementation of initiatives intended to expand the reach of the College Board's programs and services among non-US universities
- Maintain VP's calendar, expense reports, travel, meeting logistics, communications and other administrative tasks as assigned
- Compile and prepare reports, PowerPoint presentations and contribute to special projects as needed
- Manage other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
Experience: A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in a professional position in international education, international business or international marketing preferred. Experience in project management is preferred. Higher education admissions experience is a plus. Fluency in one or more foreign languages is desirable.
Related Skills and Other Requirements:
- Maintain professionalism and discretion in dealing with sensitive information
- Superior writing, listening and verbal communications skills
- Excellent cross-cultural and interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Office applications and database management
- Ability to effectively summarize and synthesize data
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions
- Knowledge of event planning and project coordination.
- Must be highly organized, with very strong project management skills
- Ability to travel occasionally travel: 1-2 trips/year
College Board Benefits
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
If you are interested in joining the College Board's in this position and you meet our qualifications, we encourage you to apply by submitting your resume and a brief, introductory cover letter through our Careers page at www.collegeboard.org/careers.
The College Board's mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Desired Travel Negligible
Areas of Expertise Administrative Support, Marketing
Highest Level of Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Type Full Time
Location New York, NY
Years of Relevant Experience 4-5