| The Cedar Rapids Community School District, Cedar Rapids, Iowa, is seeking a highly qualified and fully certified Principal for Washington High School. The district wishes to have the successful candidate assume the responsibilities of the position July 1, 2017. |
McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C., Executive Recruitment and Development has been engaged as the consultant in a search for outstanding candidates. They will assist the district in identifying and screening the candidates.
Enrollment: School district: 16,730, High School: 1,300
Location: 85 miles northwest of Davenport
The candidate must have the background, skills, and abilities essential for excellence in educational leadership. The district stakeholders have drawn the following desired characteristics from the responses provided during the input process:
• Instructional Leadership An instructional leader who understands and recognizes quality instruction and pedagogy, and has the ability to lead staff from their current state to even better teaching practices. Supports and trusts talented teachers by practicing distributed leadership.
• Focus & Passion for Education Possesses a relentless focus and belief that all students can learn and perform at high levels, and that all students will leave Cedar Rapids Washington High School with a passion, plan and purpose for post-secondary education and experiences.
• Leading Diversity & Inclusion Embraces diversity and deals effectively with all races, nationalities, cultures, disabilities, sexual orientation and socio economic status; champions all students and supports equal and fair treatment and opportunity for all; and has experiences in a progressive, future focused organization.
• Communication Has strong interpersonal skills, the ability to speak and write well, and understands situational awareness. Good listener who hears people out and is open to new ideas and the opinions of others.
• Continuous Improvement Has the ability to lead organizations through the improvement/change process, while honoring a solid heritage and challenging current practices and beliefs. Cultivates a growth mindset.
• Building Effective Relationships Student centered focus, shows interest in students individually, is visible and involved, develops trust with students, staff, parents and other community stakeholders, and is easy to approach and able to bring people together.
• Closing date for applications: March 20, 2017 (11:30 p.m. central time) • District selects finalists to interview: TBD • Interviews with the district: TBD • Selection of new Principal: TBD • Start date: July 1, 2017
Contact information: McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C. 7905 L St., Suite 310 Omaha, NE 68127 888-375-4814 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
School Website: http://www.cr.k12.ia.us/
Consultants: Mr. Mike Billings email@example.com Mr. Mike Teigland firstname.lastname@example.org