Are you an Academic Innovator with the strategic vision and passion for being excellent? Pine Lake Prep seeks an experienced educational leader to serve as its Executive Director (full-time employee). The Executive Director will oversee a leadership team and campus of over 1,800 students K-12. S/he will be responsible for all aspects of leading and running a charter school day-to-day, while thinking strategically and guiding Pine Lake Prep to build upon exemplary student outcomes, and propel Pine Lake Prep to an even greater academic leadership position locally, regionally and nationally. S/he will work closely with the school’s nine-member Board of Directors, leadership team, teachers/staff, students, community partners and parents to fulfill the school’s mission and objectives to become excellent.
The Executive Director is a hands-on leader responsible for providing strategic vision and executing the strategic plan, while providing the operational, administrative and instructional leadership necessary to ensure the success of the school. S/he will be primarily responsible for overseeing a safe and inclusive school culture where student and teacher achievement is exemplified and financial stability is maintained. S/he will be held accountable for the continuous improvement of the school, high-ranking and positive student outcomes, teacher/staff retention and campus culture, community involvement, and financial strength to propel Pine Lake Prep to reach its full potential as a K-12 charter school. To achieve these objectives the Executive Director will inherit a supportive and engaged Board of Directors, a high-performing team (including school principals, staff in finance, administration, technology, communications, and facilities operations), and an excellent infrastructure with a high-quality campus, state-of-the-art STEM building, 300+ seat Performing Arts Auditorium and 54-acre Athletic Complex.
Student Outcomes & Academic Excellence
- Lead an evolving Academic Excellence Plan that emphasizes the development of student capabilities, improvements in student achievement, and the implementation of innovative approaches to education.
- Track, analyze and report key metrics that allow for prudent Board and Leadership decision making.
- Deliver results of comprehensive reviews of student capabilities and achievement.
- Monitor student achievement (benchmark analysis, teacher created tests, other tests).
- Oversee and drive a College Preparatory and Counseling Plan that outlines how PLP is working with students through their upper-school years to prepare for and complete the application processes, and select their two-year, four-year or vocational higher-education options.
- Maintain great academic ratings, form innovative programs and propel Pine Lake Prep to being Excellent.
Staff Development & Management
- Execute an evolving Faculty Development Plan that emphasizes the development of principals and department heads and for recruiting and attracting exceptional candidates for future openings at PLP.
- Perform and deliver results of comprehensive reviews of all staff.
- Work with principals to develop monthly school reports to be presented to the Board that show progress against Strategic Plan initiatives, including measurement of critical metrics.
- Ensure teachers receive training, support and opportunities for continual improvement.
- Support and monitor professional development and faculty individualized learning plans.
- Supervise, observe and evaluate staff to ensure quality instruction and student achievement.
- Foster a teacher and campus culture that makes Pine Lake Prep the best place to work and grow.
Financial, Operations & Facilities Management
- Oversee the Director of Finance and the preparation of annual operating and capital improvement budgets. Ensure revenue, enrollment and expense budgets are met and tracking to plan.
- Ensure timely monthly financial reporting for Board meetings and bond investor calls as required.
- Ensure that the school receives a clean audit annually.
- Ensure timely collection of revenue and capital fund donations.
- Oversee the Director of Operations to ensure facility and operational services are efficient and effective, and allow for maximum student outcomes.
- Complete any capital improvement projects as may be required in the future.
- Oversee compliance to federal, state, local and contractual requirements; and academic accreditations and other necessary academic standards.
Community Outreach & Culture
- Engage parents in a collaborative effort to implement and plan school programs and parent involvement/volunteering.
- Support and enhance the existing culture of capital giving to enhance school resources.
- Maintain and build stakeholder relationships (e.g., board leadership, investors, donors, authorizers, community partners, charter school associations, charter school peers, NC government, etc.).
- Maintain transparency with positive community and parent communications/relationships.
Innovation & Technology
- Oversee the Technology Director to implement the Strategic Technology, including how PLP will use technology to address each goal in the PLP Strategic Plan.
- Ensure that appropriate staff/teachers and other stakeholders receive professional development related to technology as required.
- Ensure highly-available and safe access to the internet and academic resources through PLP’s wireless infrastructure and in-classroom technology capabilities.
About Pine Lake Prep:
Pine Lake Preparatory prepares individuals in a nurturing environment for leadership and academic success within the kaleidoscope of an engaging community. PREPARE – NURTURE – LEAD – ENGAGE
Pine Lake Preparatory is a tuition-free, K-12 public charter school authorized by the North Carolina State Board of Education and located in the beautiful Lake Norman region 20-miles north of Charlotte. Founded in 2006 with no facilities, Pine Lake has grown to include a permanent campus in an idyllic college-like setting that includes a Lower School building, a Middle School building, an Upper School building, a Fine Arts Building, an Athletic / Community Center and a recently added (Fall 2016) state-of-the-art STEM building, 300+ seat Performing Arts Auditorium and 54-acre Athletic Complex. Today, Pine Lake Prep has a fresh 10-year charter (2026) and a total enrollment that exceeds 1,820 students across our K-12 campus. Pine Lake Prep has a vision to challenge each student to reach his/her individual potential by integrating rigorous academic programs (including a STEM technology focus and a campus-wide Spanish language program) with a wide range of cultural and extra-curricular activities to develop the whole child. Students at Pine Lake Prep experience a wide range of curricular and extra-curricular experiences. Students participate in extra-curricular activities including football, volleyball, cross country, sailing, swimming, basketball, soccer, baseball, tennis, golf, and softball. Students at all three schools participate as a nationally recognized robotics team. Additionally, a Fine Arts focus allows us to produce brilliant theatrical, vocal, and instrumental performances. www.pinelakeprep.org