Minimum Qual Requirements:
A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university, and either:
1. A Master's degree in Social Work from an accredited college or university in the school of social work, or 60 graduate semester credits from an accredited university in social work, psychology, health, rehabilitation, public health, psychiatric nursing or special education; plus one year of full-time, satisfactory experience providing direct care in a social, psychiatric, health, mental retardation/developmental disabilities or substance abuse/chemical dependency/alcoholism agency or in the administration of a
program providing direct care as described above, or as a consultant on program planning or evaluation for such services; or
2. A Master's degree of at least 30 graduate semester credits from an accredited university in psychology, sociology, anthropology, public health, special education,
psychiatric nursing, counseling, human services, health, rehabilitation, public administration, or business administration; plus two years of experience as described in "1" above; or
3. A satisfactory combination of education and/or experience. Candidates without either a Master's degree as described in "1" or "2" above or at least 60 graduate semester credits in the areas listed in "1" above, must have at least:
a) a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and one year of actual experience as described in "1" above; plus
b) a satisfactory combination of: (i) graduate semester credits in the areas listed in "1" and "2" above; and/or (ii) additional experience as described in "1" above, to equal 60 graduate semester credits or 2 years of experience. Graduate semester credits from an accredited university may be substituted for the experience in qualification "3 b)" only, on the basis of 30 graduate semester credits for each year of experience. Experience may be substituted for graduate semester credits in qualification "3 b)" only, on the basis of one year of experience for each 30 graduate semester credits.
NOTE: For assignment to Assignment Level II, in addition to meeting the above qualification requirements, all candidates must have one additional year of experience as described in "1" above.
• Current, valid, and unrestricted licensure in NYS in mental health field (LCSW, LMSW, Psychology)
• Ability to work effectively with school principals, professionals and other personnel from a wide range of social institutions and mental health organizations
• Strong knowledge of child and adolescent mental health
• Experience working in a school setting
• Proficiency in Excel, Word, and Power Point
• Presentation skills to large groups
• Ability to travel throughout the five boroughs.
Apply online with a cover letter to https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/. In the Job ID search bar, enter: job ID # 276968.